Tendon injuries may come about as the result of an injury or accident. Common causes of tendon injuries can include deep cuts or gashes, sports injuries, bites, crushing injuries, bone fractures, or automobile and workplace accidents.
Symptoms of Tendon InjuriesA torn or cut tendon in the hand, wrist or fingers will make it impossible to bend one or more joints in the hand. In addition to pain and tenderness, common symptoms of tendon injury may include:
- An open injury, such as a cut
- Pain when a finger is bent
- Tenderness along the finger on the palm side of the hand
- Numbness in the fingertip
- Decreased strength and movement in the affected area.